10 things on my mind this week…
1. Blessed to hold the hand of and pray with a sister about to step from this life to the next after a battle with an aggressive cancer. Her words to me, “I want to live.” You will, because Jesus is the resurrection and the life, let not your heart be troubled.
2. Like eating Greek far more than reading Greek. Prepositions, participles, imperfect, active, indicative, third person singular… O my (or perhaps ομαι, which would of course be a deponent ending). Not sure just how well I’m getting it, but Greek class is mind bending. So wish I would have paid more attention in high school English class.
3. Find it interesting that it’s “wrong” to write an article in a public venue (i.e. blog) that can be openly challenged, but it’s perfectly acceptable to privately circulate a dozen page+ letter among ones peers and associates condemning and falsely labeling them, without their knowledge.
If someone has issue with something I’ve said or written they can comment here, email me, find me on Facebook, twitter, google+ or call my office.
4. Amazed by the spiritual insights gleaned from (1) raising Ethan, Addie & Eva, and (2) pruning the grape vine in my backyard.
5. So blessed by my mom and my wife as I approach Mother’s Day.
6. Intrigued by President Obama’s non-evolutionary “leap” to supporting gay marriage this week.
7. Thankful for the men God has put in my life that challenge me to be a better follower of God, husband to my wife, father to my kids and pastor of Cross Connection Escondido.
8. Excited by the several projects I’m collaborating on in multiple spheres. Am regularly blown away that I get to do what I get to do.
9. Consistently surprised by the graciousness of people to bless me and my family in very tangible ways that express their genuine love for us.
10. Praying for wisdom in unearthing and implementing a new paradigm in Christ honoring community for CCEsco.
Χαιρε ἀδελφος, ὁ δε ὑπομεινας εἰς τέλος οὑτος σωθησεται.
Simple truth. Pressing on!
Maybe a little nerdy 🙂
I said “Rejoice brother, he who endures to the end will be saved.”
That’s Klingon, isn’t it? 😉
Yes… right on!
Real Klingon is a far cry from Greek, Kellen.